Indian-Summer Travel: Tips for the Best Time to Vacation
In · di · an sum·mer / ‘indēən
A period of unusually dry, warm weather occurring in late autumn
The first official day of Fall is just 10 days away, but you wouldn’t be able to tell on the Central Coast! Around here, we enjoy lingering summer days of sunshine and seemingly perpetual 75-degree weather, otherwise known as an Indian Summer! With lovely weather and fewer crowds visiting San Luis Obispo after the summer months are over, Fall is actually the best time to travel to San Luis Obispo County.
From celebrating Cocktail Month and California Wine Month to preparing for Harvest Season, our Indian Summer season is packed with unique #CentralCoasting experiences for you to enjoy during your stay at a Martin Resorts hotel. Keep reading on below on how to maximize your travel experiences during this special time of year with our insider tips below.
#1: Take advantage of end-of-summer sales
The kids are back in school, the days are starting to get shorter, and hotels are trying to maintain occupancy after the hustle and bustle of the busy summer season. The end of every season brings a flurry of sales and special offers, no matter what industry you’re looking at—making it the perfect time to book that vacation you’ve been dreaming about or indulge in a little retail therapy. And right now you’re in luck… four of our five boutique Central Coast California hotels are offering sales so good they’ll be gone in a flash!
· Inn at the Cove, Pismo Beach: $149 lower-level Oceanfront King rooms, $189 upper-level Oceanfront rooms. Valid Sunday-Thursday for travel now through October 31, 2018. Must book online by Thursday, September 13, 2018. BOOK NOW.
· Paso Robles Inn, Paso Robles: $109 Traditional rooms and $139 Deluxe Spa Rooms. Valid Sunday-Thursday for travel now through October 31, 2018. Must book online by Thursday, September 13, 2018. BOOK NOW.
· Shore Cliff Hotel, Pismo Beach: $139 King Pier View Rooms, $169 King Oceanfront Rooms, $179 2-Queen Oceanfront Rooms. Valid Sunday-Thursday for travel now through October 31, 2018. Must book online by Thursday, September 13, 2018. BOOK NOW.
· Pismo Lighthouse Suites, Pismo Beach: $149 Partial-View Family Suites and $179 King Oceanfront Suites. Valid Sunday-Thursday for travel now through October 31, 2018. Must book online by Thursday, September 13, 2018. BOOK NOW.
#2: Welcome Autumn with Fall Festivals
As one of the most productive and world-renowned wine regions in the country, some of the Central Coast’s biggest events don’t happen until you guessed it… harvest season! Harvest is all about celebrating California’s hard-working vintners and growers and all that they bring to our local lifestyle, economy, and culinary scene. It’s also the perfect time to expand your palate by trying new varieties, as wineries and vineyards across San Luis Obispo county open their doors for plenty of tastings, unique festivals, food pairing events, and more. Check out some of our favorite Fall events below and mark your calendar!
· Harvest Wine Weekend, Paso Robles: Over 100 wineries celebrate the vintage! Try your hand at harvest (including stomping a few grapes), take in the beautiful fall foliage, and enjoy live music, barbeques, barrel samples, and more!
· Whale Rock Music & Arts Festival, Paso Robles: Two days of music, art, yoga, and community taking place among the vineyard at Castoro Cellars.
· Avila Apple Festival, Avila Beach: This amazing evening will feature live music, wine tasting from Avila Wine Trail, an exceptional 5-course apple inspired menu and local beer and cider.
· Clam Festival & Pierfest, Pismo Beach: Join in this City Celebration with Live Music, Pierfest VIP Celebration, a Beer & Wine “Pier” Garden, Best Local Clam Chowder Contest, Clam Dig, Food Trucks, Vendors, an expanded Family-Fun Kid Zone, and more!
· Harvest on the Coast, Avila Beach: The weekend kicks off on Friday with our “Crafted on the Coast” collaborative winemaker dinner.Then on Saturday, the outdoor Grand Tasting and Wine Auction will feature wine tasting, artisan foods, and live music. All food and wine is included in your grand tasting ticket!
· Garagiste Festival, Paso Robles: Just named the #1 wine festival in the country by USA Today, the Paso Robles Garigiste Festival is a must-do. This three-day wine festival hosted four times per year in Paso Robles celebrates small-production winemaking—wineries and vineyards producing under 1,500 cases per year.